I have two weeks left in this pregnancy. To be honest, this pregnancy has flown by. It is hard to believe I am at the home stretch. These are the longest weeks though. I am getting anxious to meet this little guy. My husband is starting a new job right about when I am due. It makes me nervous, just for insurance purposes but I am so happy that he will be able to have a fresh start somewhere. he has worked at the same place for 15 years. Although, the new job is in the same field. Sometimes a fresh start is just what we need.
Can I just say..I love the Internet?! I can find any kind of recipe that I want in less than two seconds. There are so many fun websites and blogs to discover. I stumbled on "The Big Green Bowl" blog by happy accident. What a beautiful blog. What a beautiful recipe. This one has a little wait time but MmMm! The recipe and photo ore from her beautiful blog. Stop in and say hello.
Strawberry Cream Dessert
2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (~36 squares)
6 TB sugar
10 TB butter,
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
cartons (one 16 oz and one 8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
pkg (3 oz) strawberry gelatin
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup (8 oz) strawberry
2 TB graham cracker crumbs
1-1/2 tsp sugar
tsp butter, melted
Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and melted
butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9" pan. Refrigerate for 15 min.
Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Whisk in 1 cup whipped
topping. Spread over the prepared crust. Refrigerate for 15 min.
In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. (Be sure it's all the
way dissolved.) Whisk in yogurt, then 6 cups of whipped topping until blended.
Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Spread remaining whipped topping over strawberry layer. Cover and
refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, combine topping ingredients;
sprinkle over the top.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
- I am a mom that loves to cook but stay on a budget. I have five children and I am married. We have been married for 15 years. I absolutely LOVE to cook! The kids, the dogs, the housework, all keep me pretty busy. My goal with this blog is to share some of my experiences as a mom as well as in the kitchen. It seemed like I always had a friend asking for a recipe and my kitchen was bursting at the seams with cookbooks and recipe cards. This blog was my way of organizing and sharing years of cookbooks. I want to share favorite recipes that I have collected over the years as well as new ones that inspire me to cook and hopefully inspire some of you to either start cooking and having meal time around your table or to give you a few new recipes for your recipe box. I will always give credit where credit is due whether it be a recipe or a photo(I am not a great photographer) whenever possible. I truly believe that meals are meant to enjoy with loved ones. Meal planning is key! Let's get back to gathering around the table a few nights a week. I know that you won't regret it. I am always on a quest to find new recipes. I look forward to our journey together.
- Simple Strawberry Crumble
- Spicy Barbacoa Soft Tacos
- Kneaders Overnight French Toast
- Hot Mess Brownies
- Triple Berry Cobbler
- Raspberry Swirl Sweet Rolls
- Cherry Cotton Candy Popcorn
- Strawberry Cream Dessert
- Ranch Pasta Salad
- Mom's Raised Doughnuts
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
- Tropical Slush
- Pulled Chicken Suizas Sammies
- Taco Dip
- ▼ May (14)
- ► 2011 (379)